Fuerteventura. The beach of the Canary Islands . It is also said to have the best beaches in Europe . Miles and miles of white sand, turquoise waters and sun , lots of sun , makes the coast of Fuerteventura island one of the most amazing places in the world.
In contrast to the rest of the Canary Islands , where the many volcanoes colour the black landscape, Fuerteventura radiates light . The proximity to the Sahara and and the gentle breath of the Alisio has created an extension of the African coast in the middle of the Atlantic .
The beaches of Fuerteventura are also very versatile . They come in different shades and density of white and black sand . There are places for total relaxation , beaches where you will not find anyone , and if you meet someone , they´ll be far away … There are beaches where the adrenaline flows , thanks to the intensity of their athletes . Surfing , Windsurfing , SUP , Kitesurfing and bodyboard in Fuerteventura are recognized around the world . You also have places to take thermal baths , natural pools where nature has created thrones , or places that the Romans could never have imagined. Rock pools where the temperature is worthy of the finest spas.
up, Fuerteventura has the most extraordinary beaches. You may also find volcanoes, spectacular trails, sunsets and sunrises; but wherever you look you will discover the beach of your dreams.
Beaches that you should visit in Fuerteventura:
1. Barlovento. In the South -East of Fuerteventura, a sporting paradise, where the Windsurf and Kite surf world championships are held. More than 5,700m of white sand and turquoise waters. Totally spectacular.
2. Cofete . South- West of the island, lies 6,000 m of white sand. The backdrop of many movies: the most recent, Ridley Scott’s blockbuster “Exodus” .
3. Costa Calma. Southeast. Over 2km of beach . Sunloungers, hotels, sun, fun … All this and more on this stunning beach.
4. Playa del Moro . Northeast. The beach with the clearest water on the island leaves everyone open-mouthed. A small beach of 300m where you can play sports or enjoy a swim.
5. Esquinzo – Butihondo . Southeast. With its 1500m of white sand and spectacular water, you can enjoy the most amazing sunrises on the island. A beach for relaxation and tranquility.
6. Great Tarajal . In the Central area of the island on the east coast. 800m of black sand , in an urban setting , surrounded by many amenities. A spectacular beach and a change from the brightness of other beaches on the island.
7. La Concha ( Isla de Lobos ) . The north of the island extends on to the island of Lobos. You cannot leave Fuerteventura without discovering this wonder of nature, crowned by a beautiful sandy beach overlooking the bay of Corralejo.
8. La Concha ( Cotillo ) The same name as the previous beach( the shell). This time in a beautiful fishing village on the west of the island. A quiet beach, enclosed by a wall of rock forming a natural pool as the tide rises.
9. Playa Blanca. Next to the capital, Puerto del Rosario , we find this wonderful beach of 850m in length. Here you can take a refreshing walk or practice your favorite sport .
10. Esquinzo . And finally, one of the best beaches, although it’s not easy to find. After a long journey on a dirt track on the west side of the island, you arrive at one of the most spectacular beaches. Here you will probably spend the most special moments of your stay on the island.
There may only be 10 on this list, but there are many more. Fuerteventura’s charm is indescribable. Only you and your experiences will help you understand the extent of nature’s handiwork on this fortunate island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean….